Noggin from Nick Jr. is a leading interactive learning service for families with young kids. We help children develop skills, knowledge and passions through play with the characters they love. We also give parents important tools to help their kids thrive. A multi-platform direct-to-consumer offering, Noggin reaches families in the domestic market through standalone mobile apps, connected TV apps, and add-on channels.
The Play-Along Video (“PAV”) team is one of several groups producing content for the Noggin app. The PAV team focuses on learning-led interactive media. All content produced by this group is guided by Noggin’s curriculum framework.
We are building a team of highly motivated, diverse and capable individuals who are eager to work in a startup-like environment within a large media company. We need innovators and self-starters who are passionate about playful learning and comfortable working in a fast-paced, creative and innovative organization.
What We Need in a Compositor
We are seeking a Compositor to join the PAV team. As a Compositor, your attention to detail is legendary. Think Steve Jobs level stickler. Working across a wide range of projects you will need to collaborate with just about everyone on the team, and without missing a beat. As the consummate team player, it is clear you relish the role as coordinator-in-chief. Come play-along!
· Basic video editing in After Effects and Premiere
· Work with After Effects comps to analyze scenes, isolate specific assets, and crop content
· Deliver assets at specific parameters adhering to folder structures, naming schemes, and best practices
· Demonstrate excellent project organizational skills
· Work closely with Project Management to create and complete deadlines
· Partner with Animators and Interactive Authors to problem solve
· Track edits across multiple projects
· Strive to increase efficiencies
Required Qualifications / Skills
· College degree or 1-3 years of experience in Animation Workflows (Production & Post Production)
· Fluent in Adobe After Effects, Premiere, and Photoshop
· Understanding of video editing and video compression
· Ability to manage multiple projects with varying scope
· Must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines and work in a very fast paced environment
· Excellent communication skills and a professional collaborative attitude
· Highly methodical and extremely detail-oriented
· Enthusiasm for innovation and change, and interest in keeping abreast of new developments
· Proficient in Maya to After Effects workflow
· Must be a team player
· Experience with MAC & PC Operating and File Systems
· Exhibit knowledge and passion for preschool (ages 2 to 5) games and interactive production
· Ability to adapt to inherited pipelines
· Ability to articulate and influence creative concepts
· Basic knowledge of Maya, Unity, InDesign and Illustrator is a plus
· Experience with character animation or design is a plus