For each episodic segment, assessing scripts and storyboards for CG do ability and ensuring that they work in the confines of our production model, instruct on the filmmaking, continuity, and staging of each segment, make fair notes on vendor studios’ animation, create any layout, key poses, video notes necessary to instruct vendor studios in the completing the segment.
- To be the custodian of the Animation style of the show.
- Review episodic animation at all stages of production, provide feedback and direction to animators/studios.
- They will train with the Core Animation team to learn the established style of the show and be responsible for seeing that style through the entire animation process and season.
- Primary teacher of the animation style to all other artists, including Overseas.
- Attend meetings early in the process (board pitches, animatic reviews, etc.) to understand the episode’s direction and requirements prior to animation beginning, to help ensure that vision is achieved in the final product.
- Review designs and breakdown decisions to help direct from the front on new or reused assets (instead of noting issues once into production).
- Have a good technical understanding of models and rigs.
- Test character rigs.
- Create Pose Libraries for episodic characters.