Overview and Responsibilities
- Receiving, organizing and importing materials (audio from EMR, picture from the storyboard department, etc.), building and editing the Animatic, then exporting and archiving final materials.
- This person should be highly organized, have an encyclopedic knowledge of the editing system being used for Animatics (currently Premiere Pro) and will be working closely with a number of people requiring the ability to work well with others.
- The Animatic Process has now taken over as the main guide for all animation timing in lieu of x-sheets. It is also a tool to pitch to Network and other Executives so the attention to detail and the ability to create additional materials that service these purposes is an important skill.
- The Animatic editor will be responsible for cutting in all manner of library sound effects and temp music cues on his/her own and also under the direction of the show’s creative directors and producers. The Animatic editor will also record scratch lines and lay them into sync. Lastly, the Animatic editor must make sure to keep clean and organized audio tracks - most especially the dialogue tracks as they will pass forward from Animatic and on to the final dialogue conform and mix.
- Most importantly the Animatic Editor will sit with many people on the production to edit and finish the final Animatic. This means that input from the creator, director, and other production people will be required to guide the Animatic into its final state. Therefore the Animatic Editor must be able to quickly and effectively render these requests while keeping schedules and deadlines in mind.
- All Animatic Editors report directly to the Line Producers of the productions they work on.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro & Photoshop required. Storyboard Pro knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Film Production, related field, or equivalent work experience.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed