This position is a part of the Animatic and NAS Post Group. They are may or may not be directly connected to any particular show as they may be utilized for multiple productions requiring and Assistant Animatic Editor. Therefore they report to the Director of Post Production but are also overseen by the Animatic Supervisor as well as the Animatic Editor(s) they work with for allocation of day to day duties.
- The duties may include those of an Animatic Scanner which are:
- scanning storyboards
- cropping pictures in Photoshop
- labeling and organizing pictures
- cleaning up images in Photoshop
- matting and coloring images in Photoshop
- delivering and interfacing with other scanners and animatic employees.
- However, their main focus would be to build the Animatic for the Animatic Editor using the Final Cut Pro editing software.
- They may sit with a director or other creative person from the show unit but their primary focus is to do all the work that is require to make sure the animatic is ready for the Animatic Editor to work on.