About The Brand
Nickelodeon Animation is proud of our celebrated past, but we're not resting on our Bikini Bottoms. We're always looking to the future, for both creative talent and the dedicated craftspeople that bring groundbreaking new ideas to life. Our content development is creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, and our mentorship of new talent is second to none. But we can't do it alone. That's where you come in: Nick Wants You!
Overview and Responsibilities
- Texture Painting, Look Development, and Grooming in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Xgen, and Maya Redshift.
- Must be capable of creating painterly, stylized, procedural, and photorealistic textures in several specified styles.
- The ideal candidate must have a critical eye with his or her own work, be able to follow reference material and concept art, be organized, have the ability to problem solve, be resourceful and creative, and work well with a team.
- Ability to texture in various specified styles depending on CG project.
Create Textures for 3D characters, props, and sets within Substance Painter and Substance Designer.
- Knowledge of Zbrush for use in creation of displacement and normal maps.
- Build Redshift shaders in Maya.
- Review UVs when needed.
- Must be familiar with Grooming. Xgen is preferred.
- Must have a portfolio and preferably online demo reel that demonstrates texture painting, material creation, and grooming skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in CG (games, vfx, animation).
- In-depth understanding of color theory and application.
- Understanding of Maya, UV layout principles, and CG Pipeline.
- The ability to create and use Materials in Substance Designer and Painter.
- Understanding of Basic Fur and Hair Grooming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details.
- Must be flexible enough to deal with changing role requirements and changing technology.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as be resourceful and self-driven.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed