Overview and Responsibilities
- Work with each Lead Artist to create rigs for characters, and complex props.
- Character Set-up/Rigging/Weighting/Skinning.
- Implementation of new tools and techniques using Mel scripting.
- Create and enforce hierarchy and pipeline solutions.
- Work with the Lead Character Modeler and Lead Environment Artist to make the episode doable within the CG
- Department’s parameters.
- Complete tasks within the time allotted.
- Create “Build” notes for the designs that satisfy the pipeline, the episode’s needs, and the artist’s needs.
- In depth knowledge of IK and FK systems is required.
- Great aesthetic eye for skin weights is a must.
- Lead team of character technical directors by enforcing aesthetics, technical quality, and time lines for each assignment.
- Review animatics/designs and give suggestions and/or solutions to the Supervising Producer to make the episode fit within the given parameters.
- The CG Lead Character Technical Director should have 3-5 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games (Not Mandatory).
- The ideal candidate should be a true character set up artist, able to jump from problems to solutions in short order.
- A great "can do" attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions is essential.
- We are looking for individuals who have extensive knowledge, experience and skill sets implementing the following into a Maya production pipeline.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed