- Nickelodeon Animation Studios is looking for a Pipeline TD, to design, develop and implement critical pipeline tools and workflows, support artists and creative leadership on site in LA, and is the primary technical liaison for the vendors on animated feature films. The role also requires facilitating efficient transfers of CG data between the various sites involved in production, with the ability to work across many departments. Onsite teams to support include Story, Art, Editorial and Production. The position will be part of the studio’s Animation Technology team, reporting both to Producers of the shows and the Director of AT, exclusively supporting the needs of Feature Animation division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and support tools and procedures, which maintain and enhance the production workflow onsite as well as between our LA studio and the Vendor location
- Assist in establishing studio goals and strategize on future technical infrastructure on the show
- Work closely with various departments including Editorial, Art, Story and the Production management team to streamline and further the production workflow
- Propose, design, implement, test and support extensions to existing studio pipelines
- Assist artists with troubleshooting and debugging of production issues. Issues may include data management, sharing and transfers, color consistency between locations, rendering, post-production pipeline, etc.
- Maintain internal and user facing documentation
- Help train artists and production teams as needed, both internally and at vendor studios
- Primary liaison between Feature production and MTS staff for operations, file and network systems issues
- Maintain awareness of new tools, software, and animation industry trends