- Helping the VFX Supervisor and the Supervising Producer fulfill their creative vision by maintaining the high quality pipeline and methods for the Nickelodeon CG shows.
- For each episodic segment, assessing storyboard and animatics for CG final render and Compositing do-ability and ensuring that they work in the confines of our production model.
- Prior to episodes ship date, assess the episodes and note lighting “callouts” including any “special Lighting” requirements for each episode in the appropriate tracking software to ensure that vendor studios have the proper direction for the final look of each scene within each episode. They shall also instruct vendor studios by making notes, video notes, paintovers and whatever else necessary to correct inconsistencies, mistakes and/or misdirection on “final” shots that are received from vendor studios as well as communicating with all other CG departments at Nickelodeon Animation Studio to ensure the highest quality shot possible.
- Ensuring that each episode falls within the necessary FX constraints
- Working with the Supervising Producer to help polish (and correct mistakes in) shots during the "retake" phase of production, involving comp work and custom effects.
- To be the custodian of the visual style of the show.
- Review episodic animation during lighting & compositing stage, provide feedback and direction to studios.
- They will learn the established style of the show and be responsible for seeing that style through the entire season.
- Attend meetings early in the process (board pitches, animatic reviews, etc.) to understand the episode’s direction and requirements.
- Call out and note all Lighting/FX/Comp issues in the storyboard (prior to animation beginning).
- Review designs and breakdown decisions to help direct from the front on new or reused assets (instead of noting issues once into production).
- Does not directly supervise any other artists on the crew.
- Reports directly to the CG Sup. Prod. and can make recommendations about other aspects of the production, but ultimately communicates directly with CG SP only.
- Needs to be fluent in Maya, Nuke, and Realflow.