About The Brand
Nickelodeon Animation is proud of our celebrated past, but we're not resting on our Bikini Bottoms. We're always looking to the future, for both creative talent and the dedicated craftspeople that bring groundbreaking new ideas to life. Our content development is creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, and our mentorship of new talent is second to none. But we can't do it alone. That's where you come in: Nick Wants You!
Overview and Responsibilities
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for A Storyboard Artist! Please read the description below, as we are looking for very specific storytelling skills and stylistic elements.
- Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved.
- Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives.
- Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
- Address any problems with creative supervisors; ask necessary questions.
- Communicate progress of work to creative supervisors and to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
- Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production’s guidelines.
- Meet all deadlines as determined by Line Producer or Production Manager.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
- Maybe be required to pitch Storyboards.
- Ensure all storyboard notes are added.
- Ideal candidate should demonstrate proficiency in style of show – drama/action genre (similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra)
- Strong staging and composition skills.
- Understanding of subtext in character performance. Portfolio samples must demonstrate that all characters in a sequence do not behave the same. They are unique. Think about which character in a scene is dominant, which is submissive. What are the undercurrents? Whose scene is it?
- Strong drawing and mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable software (Photoshop, Storyboard Pro) and hardware (Wacom Cintiq monitor and/or tablet).
- Strong time-management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to multitask a plus.
- Relevant drawing experience necessary.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed