Director of Audio Production
An EMR (Edited Master Record) Editor is a person who must be proficient with ProTools, Izotope RX, Batch Commander and Sound Miner, as well as be able to work with one or sometimes multiple executives to create the final audio output for a show. They must be personable, organized, detail oriented, and able to work with multiple productions schedules and coordinate appointments using Outlook. They should have both Recording and Editing experience in a broadcast studio environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Manages and executes the scheduling of a productions EMR edits and reviews with the productions.
- Uses Microsoft Outlook calendar for booking EMR appointments.
- Imports Audio from Original Record Sessions.
- Edit’s circle takes or ALL takes from Original Record using the circle take scripts from Casting Dept.
- Must label and organize audio edits to Nickelodeon operation standard.
- Organizes edits into a radio play for review with Director or Creator.
- Cleans any distorted or technically compromised audio using Izotope RX or other software.
- Applies Stretch, Pitch Shift, Crossfades, Edits or any other effects to make audio work for the show.
- Operates Microphone Pre-Amp, Compressors, Headphones and Software for scratch records.
- May need to work out timing for action.
- May also need to edit syllable by syllable from multiple takes to get the best possible read and audio.
- Synchronizes Dialog to Final Picture for Conforms.
- Must know workflow between Animatic, Avid, and EMR.
- Must know how to process audio from Animatic for Avid deliveries.
- Ensure Conforms meet delivery specifications set by the post facilities for the mix stages.
- Manages ordering for any stock needed.
- Quality Controls all EMR’s and adheres to Viacom Broadcast Standards.
- Daily confirms that all Equipment is functioning properly.
- Reports all machine issues to Director of Audio and Technical Support Coordinator, Tech Ops, West Coast.
- Provides guidance and support to productions as needed.
- Troubleshoots all systems as needed.
- Coordinate Calendar appointments with show’s production team.
- Consults with producers, directors and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for the show.
- Interfaces with the highest level at the company to provide guidance and support.
- Communicates with Production Crew, Casting Staff, Post Productions Teams, Editors, and Assistants as needed.
- Provides regular status updates to Director of Audio, Productions, and Technical Operations.
- Meets with other EMR, Animatic, Avid editors and Technical Operations team to ensure uniformity.